Thursday, June 4, 2015

Bookshelf Tour! - Children of the Red King

I'm actually curious to find out if I have books that aren't in a series on this bookshelf! I haven't found one yet! XD


Bookshelf: Favorites!

Name: Children of the Red King

Series: Yes

Author: Jenny Nimmo

Genre: Preteen, Fantasy

Age range: 12+

Number of books in the series: 8

Books I own: Midnight for Charlie Bone (Book 1), Charlie Bone and the Time Twister (Book 2)

Books I've read: Midnight for Charlie Bone, Charlie Bone and the Time Twister, Charlie Bone and the Invisible Boy, Charlie Bone and the Castle of Mirrors, Charlie Bone and the Hidden King, Charlie Bone and the Beast

About the first book: Charlie doesn't want to believe it. He can hear people talking in photographs. What's happening to him? Why now? The mysterious and magical powers of the Red King have been passed down through his descendants. These gifts, some evil and some good, turn up unexpectedly in someone who has no idea where they came from. This is what happened to Charlie Bone. . . Charlie doesn't want to believe it when he discovers that he can hear the thoughts of people in photographs. But his horrible aunts are delighted - it means he is one of the chosen and must attend the Bloor's Academy for gifted children. Once there, Charlie realizes that some of his classmates have equally mysterious powers, and soon Charlie is involved in uncovering the mysterious past of one of them.

Opinion: It's been a while since I've read these so I might update this opinion when I reread them again...This series definitely has its good parts and it's weird parts...XD I realize I say this a lot, but I really like the story line of this series. There are a lot of intense (for lack of a better way to describe them) scenes in these books which is one of the reasons I said I would recommend this for ages 12+...all in all it's a pretty good series, but it really depends on what you like!

Book update - The Last Olympian - Pg. 98 out of 381! (Chapter 6 out of 23!)

No comments:

Post a Comment