Sunday, August 30, 2015

Review! The Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor

Okay, so I've officially decided that I'm just going to start over with the reviews and not write reviews for those other ten that I was supposed to...I just finished this book about an hour ago and I have quite a bit to say about it!
The Prophecy of the Stones
 About the book: In a magical realm, three teenage girls - Jade, Opal, and Amber - are chosen to fulfill an ancient prophecy. Although they meet as strangers, they must learn to trust one another with their lives as they embark on an epic journey, armed only with magical stones. On the day of their fourteenth birthdays, they set out on a quest that will require them to leave their homes and families to face fierce enemies in an effort to save an enchanted land called Fairytale, where magic reigns and evil is unknown. 
  At the same time, in a parallel world, a young girl named Joa fights for her life in a hospital bed in Paris. While she is dreaming, she is transported to a magical realm where three young heroines fight a spectacular battle. Their success or failure will determine the fate of Fairytale ... and Joa's survival. 

Pages: 386

Genre(s): Fantasy

Age range: 12+

POV: Changes from third person, Jade, Opal, and Amber - Main characters, 14, third person, The Nameless One - Main character (I think), 18, and first person, Joa - Main character, 14

Stars: 4/5

Review: Okay, so first of all, this book was written by a thirteen-year-old girl which is one of the reasons I was interested in this book in the first place. I think the idea for this story was a good one, but there were multiple things that made me not like the book as much as I could've. In the very beginning of the book Jade annoyed me pretty badly and I've honestly never had a character annoy me before! Then the story went on to have Opal, who's fourteen, fall in love with a sixteen year old who ends up kissing her. It was also a "love at first sight" type and I personally don't like that kind of relationship. There was another "love at first sight" relationship between Amber and The Nameless One who's eighteen which I really didn't like very much just because of the age difference...I also got really confused by the ending...I'm going to assume Joa lives, at least for a little longer, but the way it ended it almost seemed like it could've been either way...

No comments:

Post a Comment