Sunday, May 24, 2015

Review! Behind the Gates by Eva Gray (Tomorrow Girls - Book 1)













Behind the Gates (Tomorrow Girls, #1)
About the book: Disaster and destruction are all thirteen-year-old Louisa has ever known. But now she and her best friend, Maddie, are among the lucky few being sent to boarding school, far from home. Finally, a taste of freedom! Country Manor School isn't perfect: The girls' roommates are tough to get along with, and the school is hard work. Still, Louisa loves CMS - the survival skills classes, the fresh air. She doesn't even miss not having TV, or the Internet, or any contact with home. It's for their own safety, after all. Or is it? (I just realized how mysterious that last part sounds...XD)

Pages: 211 plus 5 of the next book, Run For Cover

Genre(s): Preteen, Dystopian

Age range: 10+

POV: First person, Louisa - main character, 13

Stars: 4/5

Review: I really liked this book! I do wish it had been bigger, but I don't mind small books that I can finish in a day or two like this! I also really like when books give me a preview of the next book because it usually pulls me in and makes me feel really excited for the next one! I have to admit I wasn't a big fan of the fact that it was written in present tense instead of past tense which is what I'm used to, and it did get a little bit in the way of me being able to focus in the very beginning, but once I got used to it I enjoyed it very much! I can't wait for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment