Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Review! The Crown of Ptolemy by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles Crossover - Book 3 - Final book)

The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #3)
About the book: In their first encounter, demigod Percy Jackson and magician Carter Kane had to battle a giant crocodile on Long Island. A month later, Annabeth Chase ran into Carter's sister, Sadie, on the A train to Rockaway, where the pair fought a god named Serapis. Now trouble is brewing again, this time on Governor's Island. An ancient Egyptian magician named Setne has come back from the dead and is experimenting with Egyptian and Greek magic, trying to become a god himself. He's so powerful and tricky that all four - Percy, Annabeth, Carter, and Sadie - have to team up against him. But their usual weapons and spells aren't going to cut it this time. Will the heroes be taken down by a wannabe god who looks like Elvis, or will they rise to the challenge?

Pages: Ebook version so I'm not sure, also a small preview of The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the gods of Asgard - Book 1) that I am super excited for!!

Genre(s): Preteen/Teen, Fantasy

Age range: 12+

POV: First person, Percy - main character, 17

Stars: 4/5

Review: This one honestly didn't meet the high expectations I had for it... It was very good, but out of all three of them my favorite is still The Son of Sobek! I did like the fact that they had to use both Egyptian and Greek magic together! And Percy hosting an Egyptian goddess was pretty entertaining! I'm not entirely sure why I didn't like this one as much, but for some reason parts of it just didn't draw me in... I really hope Rick Riordan makes more crossover stories, but I'm not sure he will...I can still hope though!!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment