Wednesday, June 6, 2018

May Book Haul!

Hey guys! A couple days late, but I had family visiting from out of state until Tuesday and making sure I had a post for Wednesday completely slipped my mind! At least I didn't miss a week completely... 🤷 Anyways, here's a list of the books that I got last month! There are 15... 😂


  1. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt  Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman - Got this one from a thrift store! I don't read many contemporaries or adult books, so I'm excited to see if I'll like this one! 
  2. Olivia Twist Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon - I got this book in May's Once Upon a Bookclub box by CrateJoy! I had money from my birthday, so I decided to try this box out and oh my gosh, I loved it! It's so unique and a lot of fun! I actually just finished this book last night and I'll have a review up for it soon! 💗
  3. Serenity Serenity by Keith R. A. DeCandido - My dance studio was having a used book sale and this was one of the books I found and I honestly snatched it up as quickly as possible. 😂 I literally gasped out loud when I saw it, guys. 😂
  4. Fahrenheit 451 Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - I tried reading this book about four years ago and I just couldn't get into it. But I didn't really like classics at all back then and I don't think I gave it much of a chance. Now that I'm older, I've found that I enjoy all of the classics that I've tried so far, and I'd really like to see what I think of this book now!
  5. A Necessary Deception  (The Daughters of Bainbridge House #1) A Necessary Deception by Laurie Alice Eakes - Okay, I love this cover, guys! I'm really in a historical fiction mood thanks to Olivia Twist and Fawkes (my current read) so I'm excited to read this one!
  6. An Abundance of Katherines An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - Confession: I have never read a John Green book... 🙈 I own The Fault in Our Stars, but I haven't read it yet. This one sounded cool, so when I found it at my dance studio's used book sale, I grabbed it! 
  7. Looking for Alaska Looking for Alaska by John Green - Basically the same explanation for this one as An Abundance of Katherines. 😂 Though I actually think that I meant to pick this up from my library a few years ago and I never did... I basically only grabbed it for that reason and the fact that it's a John Green book. Hopefully, I like his books... 😂
  8. A Lion Among Men (The Wicked Years, #3) A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire - This is the third book in the Wicked Years series and I own books one and two, so I was happy to find this one! Now I only need the last one and I'll have the entire set ready for me to read! 
  9. The Silmarillion The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien - Okay, I tried reading Lord of the Rings when I was younger and I just couldn't get into it... I read The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring for school and had to force my way through them... But, again, it was a time where I did not like classics. I've heard a lot of really good things about the Silmarillion, so I figured I might start here with my second attempt at the series!
  10. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide: Five Complete Novels and One Story (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1-5) The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide by Douglas Adams - I am in love with this edition! 😍 I'm not sure if I'll like the story or not yet, but I haven't read a lot of sci-fi, so we'll see!
  11. Promise Me Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans - I've only read the Michael Vey series by this author so far but my mom loves his adult books and I plan on picking them up at some point! At least some of them are based around Christian stories, so I'm really curious to read those especially!
  12. Suzannah Strikes Gold Suzannah Strikes Gold by Elaine L. Schulte - Sadly this is the third book in this series, but I'm hoping I can read it without reading the first two first... I might end up getting the others from the library just in case, but we'll see. 😂
  13. Daniel Colton Kidnapped Daniel Colton Kidnapped by Elaine L. Schulte - This is the fourth book in the series, so at least I have two consecutive ones! 😂
  14. Lost and Found Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst - I honestly don't even know where or when I got this one, but I just discovered it when I was cleaning up and decided that I wanted it, so I added it to my book haul. 😂
  15. Cotton, Cornbread, And Conversations: 50 Adventures In Central Georgia Cotton, Cornbread, and Conversations by Suzanne Lawler - This book was written and published in my hometown, so I'm excited to see what kind of stories are in it. 😂

Alright, that's my May book haul! If you've read any of these books, let me know in the comments! 

~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment